SABR Adult Soccer Rules
All FIFA rules will apply with the following exceptions:
- No slide tackles
- Unlimited substitution on goal kicks and throw-ins
- Flat wedding bands may be worn – no other jewelry allowed
- Yellow card – player must leave the field and can be replaced by a substitute (does not apply to goalkeeper). Player can enter the game at the next stoppage.
- 2 Yellow cards – player must leave the field and cannot be replaced by a substitute. Player is suspended for one additional game.
- Red card (straight red, not two yellow cards) – player must leave the field and cannot be replaced by a substitute. Player is suspended at least one additional game and may be subject to additional suspension depending on nature of offense.
- 2nd Red card during the season (straight reds, not two yellow cards) – player must leave the field and cannot be replaced by a substitute. Player is suspended for remainder of season and the following season.Length of games – 2 x 45 minute halves No water breaks
Participation in SABR Adult Soccer – including our league games – is limited to those players that are registered. Under no circumstances will unregistered players be allowed to play, even if there are not enough registered players to have a game. If teams agree to loan registered players to each other or allow registered players from other teams to participate, it is at the captains’ discretion. However, those decisions require agreement between both team captains. As long as there are at least 7 registered players on each team, the assigned referees are expected to officiate the game.