SABR Adult Soccer Rules
All FIFA rules will apply with the following exceptions:
- No slide tackles
- Unlimited substitution on goal kicks and throw-ins
- Flat wedding bands may be worn – no other jewelry allowed
- When a field player receives a yellow card, they must leave the field and can be replaced by a substitute (does not apply to goalkeeper). That player can re-enter the game at the next goal kick or throw-in
Participation and Team Sizes
Participation in SABR Adult Soccer – including our league games – is limited to those players that are registered. Under no circumstances will unregistered players be allowed to play, even if there are not enough registered players to have a game.
As long as there are at least 7 registered players on each team, the assigned referees are expected to officiate the game.
- Men's League: Two 45 minute halves
- Women's League: Two 40 minute halves
Cards and Inappropriate Behavior
- Excessive foul language and unsportsmanlike conduct are not tolerated and typically result in suspensions and eventually a ban from the league
- Players receiving 5 or more yellow cards over the course of the season are suspended for the next game.
- Players receiving red cards (either straight red or two yellow cards) are suspended for the next game and may be subject to additional suspension depending on the nature of the offense. The durations or the suspension are determined by the SABR Board and can not be adjusted by the League Coordinator or Captains