SABR Adult Soccer Rules
All SABR League & Pickup Games require every player, including guests, to have FSSA Insurance, purchased between 8/1/20 - 8/1/21, here: http://sabr-membership.sportsaffinity.com/
All SABR League & Pickup Players must agree and adhere to the SABR Guidelines of Play during Covid-19
Per Covid-19 Guidelines, all Players & Spectators (including children) must wear masks and social distance (6', when not from same household) to/from cars and on the sidelines at all times. Violators will be ejected from the field.
Do not come to a SABR game or event is you have a "positive" PCR test result for Covid-19, or if you are or have had Covid symptoms. You must obtain two "negative" PCR test results prior to returning to SABR activities.
If you test positive for Covid-19 within 5 days of playing in a SABR League or Pickup game, immediately notify your Pickup/League Manager directly. Your identity will remain confidential. The attendees of the game will be notified of a potential contact with Covid-19, and the players will "sit out" of all SABR activities for 2 weeks as a precautionary measure.
All SABR League & Pickup Players must wear shin guards
All SABR Members are able to report misconduct or complaints per the instructions below
See "Cards and Inappropriate Behavior" section below
All FIFA rules will apply with the following exceptions:
- No slide tackles
- Unlimited substitution on goal kicks and throw-ins
- Flat wedding bands may be worn – no other jewelry allowed
- When a field player receives a yellow card, they must leave the field and can be replaced by a substitute (does not apply to goalkeeper). That player can re-enter the game at the next goal kick or throw-in
SABR's Adult Program is recreational and open to players of all skill levels. Our club is a non-profit organization and balances fun and fair play with the challenges to improve individually and as a team. When you sign up to play in SABR, you are joining thousands of neighbors who come out to the fields to play and enjoy soccer – to make new friends and share good times with old ones. In that regard, SABR continues to be a club that welcomes all walks of life interested in enjoying the game of soccer with their community.
Participation and Team Sizes
Participation in SABR Adult Soccer – including our league games – is limited to those players that are registered through Playerweb and insured through Affinity. Under no circumstances will unregistered, uninsured players be allowed to play, even if there are not enough registered players to have a game.
As long as there are at least 7 registered players on each team, the assigned referees are expected to officiate the League game. Pickup games do not have referees.
SABR is a Non-Profit Organization. In order for a SABR Adult League or Pickup to be active, the group must "break even" with their annual budget (Sept 1 - Aug 31), and follow the SABR Adult Soccer Rules as outlined on this page.
- Men's League: Two 40 minute halves
- Women's League: Two 40 minute halves (11v11); Two 25 minute halves (7v7)
- Pickup Games: Per Permit Window
Cards and Inappropriate Behavior
- Excessive foul language and unsportsmanlike conduct are not tolerated and typically result in suspensions and eventually a ban from the league
- Players receiving 5 or more yellow cards over the course of the season are suspended for the next game.
- Players receiving red cards (either straight red or two yellow cards) are suspended for the next game and may be subject to additional suspension depending on the nature of the offense. The durations or the suspension are determined by the SABR Board and can not be adjusted by the League Coordinator or Captains.
- Each Red Card ruling will be based on a Discipline Chart. The Discipline Chart is available upon request.
- Players, Captains, and Managers cannot contact the City or Parks with complaints about field conditions or field assignments. Send all field/park complaints to your Pickup/League Manager and cc the SABR Adult Director. If anyone in the SABR Adult Program directly contacts the City or Parks related to SABR Fields or Permits, they will be suspended from play for 1 month.
- SABR has a Zero Tolerance Policy for bullying, discrimination, or conduct unbecoming. Players who are found to behave in manners inconsistent with our community standards will not be permitted to continue playing in our organization. All players must agree to uphold these community standards in order to register for and remain within our programs.
Pickup & League Manager Responsibilities
- Coordinating with the Adult Director and meeting budget, supply request, and permit request deadlines and restrictions
- Disseminating information to their Group
- Upholding and following the SABR and FSSA Rules
- Ensuring that the League or Pickup Group will obtain enough funds to cover their costs
- Maintaining a welcoming and fair atmosphere within their group's games, per the SABR Adult Soccer Rules
- Reporting misconduct and/or conflicts to the Adult Director immediately
- Ensuring all players have FSSA Insurance
- Attending the Quarterly Manager Meetings held by the Adult Director
- Specific to Covid 19 Guidelines:
- Advising all Players & Spectators to wear masks to/from car/field and on the sidelines
- Advising all Players & Spectators to social distance (6') while on sidelines and to/from car
- Suspend or eject any player or spectator that violates these rules from the field for 2 games, & report incident to the Adult Director
League Team Captain Responsibilities
- Maintain a welcoming and fair atmosphere within their Team during games and practices, per the SABR Adult Soccer Rules
- Manage the Team to ensure good attendance at each week's game. Alert the League Manager if any game will need help meeting minimum numbers for play.
- Assist the Team by suggesting player positions before and during the game, to promote a cohesive Team layout on the field.
- Ensure each member of the Team rotates out with Subs during the Game.
- Coordinating with the League Manager for supply requests, team issues, player issues, and overall League maintenance.
- Disseminating information to their Team.
- Assist the League Manager in reiterating the SABR and FSSA Rules at the start of each Game
- Ensure that they and their Team follow the SABR and FSSA Rules, and report any rule violations to the League Manager asap.
- Report misconduct and/or conflicts to the League Manager immediately
- Ensure all players have a Playerweb Player Card Registration for the League, and FSSA Insurance, prior to start of Game
- Specific to Covid 19 Guidelines:
- Advise all Players & Spectators to wear masks to/from car/field and on the sidelines
- Advise all Players & Spectators to social distance (6') while on sidelines and to/from car
- Suspend or eject any player or spectator that violates these rules from the field for 2 games, & report incident to the League Manager
- Take photo of your team (with social distancing) each Game for Contact Tracing purposes
Reporting Misconduct or Filing a Complaint
- In the event that you feel any of these Adult Soccer Rules have been broken, or if you have a complaint, please email email@example.com with your report, citing the rule which was broken and any other details necessary to review the event. We will address each report fairly and without bias. Such fair and unbias reviews may take time, please be patient following submittal of a report of misconduct.