SABR Adult Soccer Overview
SABR’s Adult Recreational Program includes Weekly Pickup Games and Seasonal Leagues for Men and Women in Boca Raton. Additionally, we also have monthly Training Programs and Competitive Leagues. SABR is a non-profit organization; all fees are established to cover the cost of fields, refs, uniforms, trainers, and other supplies or program needs.
SEE BELOW FOR OUR COVID GUIDELINES FOR PLAY. Visit our Womens and Mens League and Pickup Pages for more information.
Our Adult Program serves more than 500 players, consisting of parents, coaches, referees, sponsors, college students, and residents living in the SABR service area, Boca Raton, Florida. All skill levels are welcome! As a recreational program, we encourage playing for fun and camaraderie. The laws of the game apply, but slide tackling is prohibited.
Our Adult Program Membership runs from September 1st to August 31st, in line with the Florida State Soccer Association’s (FSSA) annual year. FSSA is the official governing body representing U.S. Soccer in the State of Florida. It is a representative body composed of soccer officials throughout the State dedicated to act in the best interests of the sport.
Available Adult Programs
- SABR & FSSA Membership: All Players & Guests must purchase Supplemental Health Insurance and electronically sign the Release of Liability Waiver from FSSA via Affinity ($25 non-refundable fee), for the September 2021 - August 2022 Membership Year, here: sabr-membership.sportsaffinity.com
- Become a Base or Advanced Member of SABR for the September 2021 - August 2022 Membership Year during registration of the below available Programs. An explanation of Base and Advanced SABR Membership Levels is explained below.
- Available SABR Adult Programs:
- Weekly Recreational Pickups (Mens, Womens, Coed)
- Seasonal Recreational Leagues
- Mens 35+ - Spring 11v11 Season Registration is Opening Soon
- Mens 18+ Thursday League - Spring 11v11 Season Registration is Opening Soon
- Womens 18+ - Spring 11v11 Season Registration is OPEN
- Monthly Competitive Games
- Womens 18+ - Monthly Games (Last Friday of the Month) - Registration per Game is OPEN
SABR Guidelines for Play during COVID-19
Based on member feedback, the SABR Adult Program has adopted the below linked Guidelines for Play. All members MUST agree to abide by these guidelines. If the guidelines are not adhered to, the player will be suspended from SABR for 8 games. Please also pay attention to the Refund Policies when registering for programs, in case play is suspended during this year’s season.
Additionally, all members must adhere to the following FSSA, City, County, State, and CDC Guidelines, or the player will be suspended for 8 games.
- FSSA (PDF Available by Request)
- City, County, State, & CDC
How to Become a Member of SABR’s Adult Program for the 2021-2022 Season:
- Purchase $25 SABR Base Membership (Mandatory for all Players & Guests): Purchase Supplemental Health Insurance and electronically sign the Release of Liability Waiver from FSSA via Affinity ($25 non-refundable fee) for the September 2021 - August 2022 Membership Year. This $25 fee is your base membership in both SABR and FSSA. SABR policy is that the full $25 is applied to the Supplemental Health Insurance from FSSA to meet the City requirement to issue permits to use the fields.
- Complete this process here: sabr-membership.sportsaffinity.com
- Consider $15 SABR Advanced Membership (Optional): An additional level of membership is available when registering for the below available programs. This additional level of membership is meant to reduce administrative fees for our Adult Members who register for multiple programs throughout the year. The Advanced Membership Fee is $15 per year (non-refundable), in addition to the Base Membership Fee. Advanced Members will have access to lower registration fees than those for Base Members. You cannot switch membership levels throughout the year. If you are going to register for Online Training Content and/or more than 2 Programs per year, we suggest that you purchase the Advanced Membership.
- Complete this process while registering for an available Adult Program below.
- Register for Available Programs:
- You must have completed the $25 FSSA-SABR Base Membership registration in Affinity (#1 above) in order to participate in any SABR Adult Program, guest, online, or otherwise. If you register for any program without also being a Base or Advanced Member, you will not be allowed to participate, your spot will be forfeited, and you will not receive a refund.
- Weekly Pickups (Mens, Womens, Coed)
- Seasonal Leagues
- Online Training Content – As Planned throughout the Year
- No refunds are issued for any Online Content due to its lean fee structure and minimum registrant requirement.
- Have an online program you’d like us to host? Send us a suggestion at email@example.com. Include your suggestion for the topic as well as your suggestion for the trainer/presenter. All topics related to soccer are welcome!
We offer two 12-week 11 v 11 Spring Leagues for Men: 19-34 and 35+. Play typically runs from March to May, with registration in February
For the 19-34 league:
- Registration for our Spring 2020 league is now closed
- Contact Us if you are a goalkeeper or if you'd like to be added to the waitlist.
- For more information, visit Boca Raton Adult Soccer League for Men 19-34
For the 35+ league:
- Registration and the waitlist for our Spring 2020 league are now closed
- For more information, visit Boca Raton Adult Soccer League for Men 35+
We offer a 12-week 11 v 11 Spring League for Women 18 and over. Play typically runs from March to May, with registration in February.
We also offer a 10-week 7 v 7 Fall League for Women 18 and over. Play typically runs from September through November, with registration in August.